Psychology is a highly specialized field within the medical sciences, with global recognition. Mental health and psychology play a crucial role in human well-being, covering a vast array of areas. Today, let’s explore four Masters Programs in Psychology Studies in Sri Lanka offered by two prestigious institutes.
MSc. Psychological Counselling at Metropolitan College
The MSc. Psychological Counselling and MSc. Applied Social Psychology are one-year postgraduate programs offered in affiliation with Girne American University. Metropolitan College in Sri Lanka provides these accredited degrees recognized by the University Grants Commission. To qualify for the MSc. Psychological Counselling program, applicants should hold a recognized BA/BSc degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Current Issues in Social and Applied Psychology
- Applied Social Psychology
- Advanced Organizational Psychology
- Advanced Topics in Intergroup Relations
- Advanced Health Psychology and Psychosocial Processes in Health and Illness
- Cross-cultural Psychology
- The Psychology of Economic Life
- Research Methods for Social Sciences
- Advanced Statistics for Social Sciences
MSc. Applied Social Psychology at Metropolitan College
To pursue the MSc. Applied Social Psychology program, applicants should hold a recognized BA/BSc degree or an equivalent qualification in medical and psychology. The program duration is one year.
- Psychopathology/Differential Diagnosis
- Overview of Psychotherapeutic Approaches
- Clinical Interviewing: Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Legal/Ethical Issues
- Practice Management
- Humanistic Therapy
- Organizational Dynamics
- Solution-Oriented Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Supervised Psychotherapy
- Full-Time Internship
MSc in Business and Organizational Psychology at Colombo Institute of Research & Psychology
The MSc in Business and Organizational Psychology is a one-year program closely related to the corporate sector. Accredited by the Association for Business Psychology, this program focuses on Human Resources, Training and Development, Marketing, and Branding. The duration of the program is one year.
Applicants should hold a recognized degree in any field or an equivalent qualification.
MSc. in Applied Psychology at Colombo Institute of Research & Psychology
The MSc. in Applied Psychology is a highly regarded degree program offered by Coventry University (UK), taught by the Colombo Institute of Research & Psychology.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from a recognized university or institution
- Any other professional qualification recognized by Coventry University
- Research Methods in Psychology I
- Research Methods in Psychology II
- Project Planning Ethics
- Issues in Professional Practice I
- Issues in Professional Practice II
- Origins and Concepts
- Independent Research Project
- Clinical Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Child Psychology
- Recruitment & Selection
- Consumer Psychology
For more information on the MSc in Business and Organizational Psychology and the MSc. in Applied Psychology, please contact:
Explore the world of psychology studies in Sri Lanka and embark on an exciting educational journey with DHPL Travels. Visit DHPL Travels now to learn more.