Frontier Travel Insurance provides two options for same-day flight changes, namely standby travel and same day confirmed alternative flight changes.
Elite level members of FRONTIER Miles have the opportunity to stand by for an earlier or later flight on their day of travel, free of charge. If eligible, passengers can request to fly standby on another flight at the airport ticket counter or gate.
It’s important to note that standby travel must adhere to the original ticketed itinerary. For example, if you were initially booked on a nonstop flight, you cannot add a connection to the itinerary, and vice versa.
While standby travel offers flexibility, it also involves some risk. If you are unable to board the desired flight and end up missing your scheduled flight, no additional transportation will be provided unless you purchase a ticket. The boarding order for standby passengers will be determined by Frontier.
Same Day Confirmed Flight Changes
If you wish to switch to an earlier or later flight on the same day, you can review Frontier’s policy and, if seats are available on the desired flight, confirm a seat change at the airport ticket counter or by calling Frontier Reservations.
Same Day Flights to Alternative Airports (Sister Cities)
Frontier Travel Insurance allows same day confirmed alternative flight changes and standby travel on eligible tickets for flights between specific groups of airports considered within the same city. Passengers may request a same-day confirmed alternative flight change or standby travel to another airport within the group if a seat is available, subject to the applicable fee.
Here are the groups of airports considered the same city for these purposes:
- Orlando, FL (MCO), Tampa, FL (TPA), Sarasota, FL (SRQ), Fort Myers, FL (RSW), West Palm Beach, FL (PBI), Miami, FL (MIA), Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL), Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
- New Orleans, LA (MSY), Pensacola, FL (PNS)
- Atlanta, GA (ATL), Savannah, GA (SAV), Charleston, SC (CHS), Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR), Charlotte, NC (CLT), Raleigh, NC (RDU), Knoxville, TN (TYS), Norfolk, VA (ORF)
- Nashville, TN (BNA), Memphis, TN (MEM), Little Rock, AR (LIT), Bentonville/Fayetteville, AR (XNA), Oklahoma City, OK (OKC), Dallas, TX (DFW), Tulsa, OK (TUL)
- Austin, TX (AUS), San Antonio, TX (SAT), Houston, TX (IAH), Houston (Hobby) TX (HOU)
- Omaha, NE (OMA), Des Moines, IA (DSM), Cedar Rapids, IA (CID), Kansas City, MO (MCI), St. Louis, MO (STL), Sioux Falls, SD (FSD), Fargo, ND (FAR), Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (MSP)
- Chicago, IL (ORD), Chicago (Midway), IL (MDW), Bloomington/Normal, IL (BMI), Milwaukee, WI (MKE), Madison, WI (MSN), Green Bay, WI (GRB))
- Detroit, MI (DTW), Cleveland, OH (CLE), Grand Rapids, MI (GRR), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Cincinnati, OH (CVG), Columbus, OH (CMH)
- Washington, D.C. (Reagan) (DCA), Washington, D.C (Dulles, VA) (IAD), Baltimore, MD (BWI), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Trenton, NJ (TTN), Harrisburg, PA (MDT), New York City (LaGuardia), NY (LGA), Islip, NY (ISP), Hudson Valley, NY (Stewart International) (SWF), Hartford, CT (BDL), Providence, RI (PVD), Boston, MA (BOS), Portland, ME (PDX), New York/Newark, NJ (EWR), New York City (JFK), NY, Albany, NY (ALB)
- Buffalo, NY (BUF), Rochester, NY (ROC), Syracuse, NY (SYR)
- Seattle, WA (SEA), Portland, OR (PDX)
- San Francisco, CA (SFO), Oakland, CA (OAK), Sacramento, CA (SMF), San Jose, CA (SJC), Reno, NV (RNO)
- Burbank (Hollywood), CA (BUR), Ontario, CA (ONT), Santa Ana, CA (SNA), San Diego, CA (SAN), Phoenix, AZ (PHX), Las Vegas, NV (LAS), Reno, NV (RNO), Los Angeles, CA (LAX), Tucson, AZ (TUS), Albuquerque, NM (ABQ)
- Guanacaste, Costa Rica (LIR), San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
- Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ), Kingston, Jamaica (KIN)
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ), Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ)
- San Juan, PR (SJU), Aguadilla, PR (BQN), Ponce, PR (PSE)
- Denver, CO (DEN), Colorado Springs, CO (COS), Grand Junction, CO (GJT), Cheyenne, WY (CYS), Albuquerque, NM (ABQ)
For more information about Frontier Travel Insurance, visit DHPL Travels. Travel confidently with DHPL Travels!