The Pearl South Padre Resort is a family-friendly beachside resort on South Padre Island on the southern Texan Gulf Coast. It is within an hour of both Brownsville International Airport and Valley International Airport in Harligen. But since you’re most likely driving from somewhere in Texas, it will take you about 5.5 hours by car from either Austin or Houston. It’s a hike, but we think the white sand and clear blue water is worth it… and still only half the distance to Destin!
- Self parking is included in the resort fee
- Wifi is included in the resort fee
- Pets are allowed but limited to dogs under 25 pounds, max 2 per room and will be charged a $75 fee
- Check in: 4pm, Check out: 11am
Check availability and read reviews at Trip Advisor
Please note that this page contains affiliate links and any reservations made through such links will award us a small commission at absolutely no extra cost to you. This helps keep our family traveling to new resorts to continue providing you with reviews of the best resorts in Texas.
1. Guest Rooms.
The Pearl South Padre Resort offers 282 sf rooms with either a King bed or double full beds. Deluxe rooms have a view of the dunes and gulf and Premier rooms have a resort and gulf view. Both types of rooms have a mini fridge, coffeemaker, and wifi included.
The Executive Parlor Suite provides 440 sf of space. There is a King bedroom, a separate sitting area with small dining table, and a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave. The suite option provides more space for not a lot more money. In our opinion, worth the splurge… especially when traveling with kids.
- 1 Bedroom Condo – 675 sf with 1 king bed and a separate living area with sleeper sofa. Sleeps up to 4.
- 2 Bedroom Condo – 973-1243 sf with 1 king bedroom, 1 room with either 1 or 2 full beds, and a sleeper sofa in the living room. Sleeps up to 6.
- 3 Bedroom Condo – 1450 sf with 3 bedrooms, sleeps up to 6. There is a Separate living room and dining room.
All condos have private balconies with ocean views and kitchens. There is a cleaning fee of $30/night for all condos.
Read more: Bay watch resort myrtle beach bed bugs
Amenities include wifi, coffeemaker, hair dryer, iron with ironing board, blackout curtains, and a fridge. Suites and condos have microwaves.
Rollaway beds available upon request.
Dogs under 25 lbs are permitted in the hotel rooms. Max of 2 dogs per room. $75 fee per pet. Pets are not permitted in condos, condo tower, restaurants/bars, pools, or on the pool deck.
6. Resort Fee.
There is a daily resort fee of $20 that includes: wifi, self parking, yoga/zumba classes, and free sand castle lessons…. yes, you read that correctly!
Pools and Lazy River.
- Lagoon-style Pool – family friendly with a swim up bar
- Hot Tub – rest your muscles after a day of boogie boarding in the hot tub
- Kids Pool – shallow pool with large steps, small fountains, and a frog water slide
2. Lazy River.
There is no lazy river at this resort.
3. Beach Area.
The white sand beaches of South Padre Island are just steps away from your front door. Beach loungers available for hotel guests.
4. Lounge Area.
Read more: Hilton tangier al houara resort & spa
Loungers around both pools and on the beach available.
Palapa Poolside Bar and Grill – Poolside casual and swim up bar. Open seasonally for lunch and dinner (11am- 8pm). Think: classic poolside grill selection of burgers and eats to go along with your pina colada.
Things to Do.
1. Hit the beach – it’s what you came for, right?
2. Water sports – choose your own adventure… parasailing, banana boat rides, jet ski rental, boogie boarding, and more can be arranged
3. Sandcastle lessons – Summer weekends 1-4pm, included in resort fee
4. Beach Volleyball
5. Horseback riding on the beach – have you really been to coastal South Texas if you didn’t ride a horse on the beach?
6. Pools – for when you’re over the sand but still want to relax by the water
7. Swim up bar – it’s what you REALLY came for, right?
8. Sapphire Spa
9. Fitness Center
There is a program for child care for kids aged 5-11 years old available in the Summer.
The South Padre Island Golf Club is about 10 miles from the resort.
Hours: Mon – Thurs 10 am – 5 pm, Fri- Sat 10am – 6pm, Sun 9am – 3pm
*Hours vary seasonally
The Sapphire Spa offers an assortment of massages (including prenatal and couples), facials, body treatments, nail and hair services.
The spa terrace is available for guests to relax and enjoy a waterfall hot tub along with a complimentary beverage of choice – tea, wine, champagne, or mimosa… treat yo’ self.
Beachside Bar and Grill.
Casual seafood with an ocean view. Open for breakfast daily and Dinner Thursday – Sunday 6-10pm. Enjoy Karaoke Thursday and Saturday nights. Seasonal menu heavy on seafood but enough of a variety there is something for everyone. The shrimp nachos are legit.
Palapa Bar and Grill.
Poolside casual and swim up bar. Open seasonally for lunch and dinner (11am- 8pm). Classic poolside grill selection of burgers and eats to go along with your pina colada.