Palm Springs is idyllically located in the middle of the Sonoran Desert: a desert oasis, built around the sites of the area’s original hot springs oasis. Under this sunshine the hotel pool can be quite a holiday hub, and, accordingly, many of the hotel on our Gurus’ list of the best hotels in Palm Springs with pools are arranged around their pools, with lush courtyards, parasols and sun loungers at their heart. Some of the hotels on this list have more than one pool — and why not! Palm Springs has plenty of great hotels, but in this list our Gurus have made sure to include great family friendly properties, as well as romantic picks and great spa break options.
For The Album
- Parker Palm Springs is a large and luxurious, low-rise resort with three pools, two restaurants and a seriously pamper-tactic spa — both Hollywood cool, and contemporary comfort. Lush, colourful gardens surround the whole resort, and beyond that the views are of the mountains. The interiors are seriously retro cool, and some of the suites are huge, including multiple bedrooms and places to eat and relax.
- L’Horizon Resort & Spa was the private retreat of a Hollywood big shot in the 1950s, but now it can impress a larger number of guests at once, in its 25 rooms and suites. This is still a great pick for an intimate escape, with in-room fireplaces and fire pits outside, outdoor showers, indulgent spa treatments, and the central, saltwater infinity pool. The Presidential Suite also comes with its own private pool.
For the Views
Read more: New hotels in pigeon forge tn
- The Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage is a huge resort perched on an outcrop overlooking Palm Springs, and right over the top of it to the desert and the mountains. The resort has 244 rooms, suites and villas, all in neutral, contemporary style — the largest have their own terrace with a fire pit, and the most romantic have private hot tubs too. The actual spa is huge, with a reputation for some of the best views in the area, and an impressive treatment list. The views from the restaurants are incredible too. And there’s a kids club. There are two outdoor pools, but the one with the views is for adults only!
- Between Downtown Palm Springs and the San Jacinto Mountains, the Ingleside Inn’s pool and gardens have views that look out onto both. The inn has just 30 rooms and suites, decorated with a collection of elegant wood antiques, white walls and ceilings to make the most of the exposed beams, and hardwood floors. The restaurant, Melvyn’s, has a long, and impressive, reputation.
For a Desert Retreat
- Korakia Pensione is a small spa resort in an old Spanish mission style building with a Moroccan/Mediterranean theme. Romantic and secluded, the pensione has a collection of 28 rooms and suites, each quite different, and some more private than others — all decorated with dark wood antiques, Moroccan-style day beds and lots of white muslin. The spa offers a wealth of healing and relaxing treatments, and the pool is elegant.
For a Spa Break
- Miracle Manor Boutique Hotel & Spa is an eight room spa retreat located in the desert outside Palm Springs, and close to a natural hot spring. The exterior is simple, low-rise, and surrounding a central pool, and the interior has a rustic feel, with Native American prints. As well as the central pool, Miracle Manor also has a spa and hot tub fed by the hot springs. Eco-friendly, and focussed on wellness.
- As you can probably guess from the name, the Ace Hotel & Swim Club has a placed a strong focus on its swimming facilities, which includes two outdoor pools in a retro sunbathing-friendly setting, plus a spa, hot tub, sauna, and a collection of treatment ‘yurts’. There’s also a gym and beauty salon. The resort has 179 rooms and suites, in a range of shapes and sizes. The restaurant is large, and serves seasonal food with an American feel, plus there’s a cocktail bar, a library, and every evening they get the fire pits going.
For Luxurious Facilities
Read more: Baia taormina grand palace hotels & spa
- Set on 77 acres, which includes one of the oldest mineral hot springs in the U.S., Two Bunch Palms is a luxurious, adults only spa resort. Just 65 rooms and suites share all this land, and the huge spa, with its 22 treatment rooms and string of hot tubs, all fed by the natural hot springs. The farm-to-fork restaurant and yoga dome complete the picture a little more.
For Palm Springs Style
- The Monkey Tree Hotel is another Palm Springs classic recently renovated to restore its mid century glory. Its 16 rooms and suites now feature modern artworks, as well as vintage Scandi furniture. Like many Palm Springs hotels, the pool and courtyard are the centre piece: large and palm-fringed with a desert backdrop, with parasols and sun-loungers. There’s also a Scandinavian inspired spa.
- Les Cactus was built in the 1930s, a low-rise motel in the desert, with just 27 rooms; today it is a really charming mish-mash of its own age, with original features kept from many of its redesigns and renovations. Expect rattan furniture meeting cool mid-century design, candy-striped pastels and neutrals, and hammocks. The pool area has a pink and green colour scheme, and a peaceful atmosphere — this is also where you’ll find the hammocks, and there’s a hot tub too. An adults only hideaway.
- The Triada Palm Springs is a collection of rooms and suites in white, Spanish colonial style buildings arranged around a central courtyard, and pool, but set up like a little village. Inside the rooms are white too, and feature tiled floors and large windows that make them feel airy — our favourites have private balconies or terrace. The restaurant is on a terrace too, and serves Mexican-inspired cuisine.
- V Palm Springs is a large and sprawling hotel, with its 140 rooms and suites on just two floors, arching around a large central pool terrace, and backed by mountain views. Where many hotels in Palm Springs have made their modern design a feature, V has gone for a far more sophisticated, contemporary look, both in the rooms, and by the salt-water pool and fire pit.
For Hollywood Glamour
- The Dive Hotel is another stylishly re-invigorated mid-century hotel, this time with a chic, St. Tropez feel to it. Think cane and rattan vintage furniture and pastels. Within white walls is a lush garden, with plenty of palm trees, fire pits, day beds and a pool surrounded by cute parasols. The suites have their own hot tubs, custom-made cocktail cabinets and Parisian antiques. There’s no restaurant, but there is a chic little bar.
- The Villa Royale is actually a collection of villas, arranged around no less than three pools! There are 38 rooms and suites in total, spacious, comfortable, and stylishly decorated with mid-century furniture and bold, arty details. There’s a wonderful view from all of the pools, and the terraces surrounding them. The Villa Royale’s restaurant, Del Rey, harks back to the Hollywood heyday of Palm Springs with its sultry decor, well stocked cocktail bar, and Mediterranean-Cali tapas style fare.
Read more: Hoteles con jacuzzi privado cerca de mi
- Built in the 50s, Holiday House has also had a recent renovation, and now its decor is a friendly meeting of cool, original mid-century design and cool, contemporary Scandi-design, with museum quality art and a definite preference for Klein blue. The Holiday House pool is perfect for lounging around; it’s got a great cocktail bar and a great atmosphere! The restaurant is Cali-cool too, open for breakfast and lunch. Adults only.
- La Maison Hotel is a 13 room hotel with a romantic, Mediterranean vibe, and an enclosed courtyard garden with a welcoming pool and plenty of palm trees. The bar and restaurant are as al fresco as the day allows for, and the traditional French windows in many of the rooms let as much of the sunshine and desert air in as you like. Expect terracotta floors, carved wooden furniture and traditional decor.
- Arrive Palm Springs is a cleverly designed, contemporary hotel with industrial-chic decor, and all the bells and whistles as far as technology goes. Its 32 rooms and suites are arranged, low-rise, around a central pool, complete with day beds and sun loungers, ping pong tables, a poolside bar serving craft beers and an ice cream parlour. It’s a very welcoming place to hang out.
For Great Value
- Alcazar Palm Springs is a 34 room and suite hotel occupying a charming, white, Spanish mission-style building, with an incredible mountain backdrop, in Uptown Palm Springs. Inside the hotel the white theme continues, with the merest introductions of colour, and contemporary art on the walls. The hotel has a restaurant, and a bar where they host live music nights; there’s more nightlife around the corner, but it still has the feeling of a quiet hideaway.
- Small, contemporary and affordable, the Movie Colony Hotel’s pool dominates its courtyard — it’s a huge pool to be shared between just 16 rooms and suites. Many rooms overlook the pool, some from private terraces and balconies. Despite being a smaller hotel, the rooms are in a good range of shapes and sizes, some have living and dining areas, with self catering facilities too. All are decorated in vibrant blues and neutrals. and offer all the mod cons. There’s no restaurant, but they do offer breakfast.
Still not sure where to book?
- You could browse our recommendations for all the best places to stay in Palm Springs or the best pet friendly hotels in Palm Springs.
- If you’re looking for a desert escape try our recommendations for the 20 Best Hotels Near Joshua Tree National Park
- And if you’re looking for bright lights and glamour, try the Best Hotels in Palm Springs for Couples or The Best Hotels in Downtown Palm Springs
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.